Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stars and Square in a Square

Each year my real time patchwork group makes a monthly block challenge, which we keep for ourselves or make for each other.  This year we given a monthly set of instructions for two 12 inch blocks which we construct from our own stashes.  At the next meeting all 48 blocks are collected and sorted into two quilts' worth.  At our Christmas breakup we will each receive a package with 24 quilts blocks to make into a quilt (or perhaps a UFO).
Last month's pattern was for a star block and a square in a square.  We were given the feature fabric and a guideline for colours.  Here are my two blocks:


I thought, 6.5 inch square of feature fabric? Another I Spy idea!  I made two more blocks for myself.


I decided to use some animal prints.  The little fish on the left have ocean corners, and the koalas on the right have wattle flower corners. 

The two different blocks make a great secondary pattern.  I better make some more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment