Thursday, December 22, 2011

I Spy Evening Stars

Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site is one of my favourite places to browse.  I like Bonnie's chatty style and her great patchwork ideas - she never seems to stop!

Recently in her blog Bonnie shares the progress of a new quilt for a baby boy.

The quilt starts with some novelty print 4.5 inch squares which become the centre of Evening Star blocks.


The blocks increase in number using 2.5 inch strips to make the flying geese and corner squares.


Now, if I was working with these nice bright blocks I would probably sash them with some nice neutral fabric to draw them altogether - but Bonnie is never neutral.


How's that!  I certainly wouldn't have thought of black and white checkerboard strips, but doesn't it look great!  I like the way the black and white extends into the multicolored border.

You can read all the details of this starry I Spy here, and here, and here.  Well done Bonnie - you've inspired us once again!

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, I also love Bonnie's style of quilting and writing. I am perservering with her latest Mystery Quilt - a gazzilion little triangles.

    ReplyDelete